A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C

Is anyone else having a problem with their A/C???? Mine is not working at all and it is getting really hard to sleep at night!

I am just wondering if my case is isolated or there are others.

I did call the Gate House and they did say that it is on??

Re: A/C

I spoke to Arleen this morning.

Apparently the Heat is being turned off today. The AC is will be turned on within a week or so.

I am referring to only the Units. I believe the AC is actually on in the common areas, as it seemed chilly this morning in the hall.

Comment

same problem here @ 330 !, they did not turn on the AC , last few days was very hot and uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by harley View Post

Apparently the Heat is being turned off today. The AC is will be turned on within a week or so.

I am referring to only the Units. I believe the AC is actually on in the common areas, as it seemed chilly this morning in the hall.
        The units and the common areas have the same AC, it was chilly in the hallways because during the night is cooler, and the fans are sucking in the outside air. It will be warmer during the day.

Comment

the ac will be turned on may 10th...now this may be a stupid question, but do we pay for the heat and ac when we use it or is it covered in the maintenance fee?....ive never really got a clear answer on this.....the more i use it does that mean my electrical bill will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            now this may be a stupid question, but do we pay for the heat and ac when we use it or is it covered in the maintenance fee?....ive never really got a clear answer on this.....the more i use it does that mean my electrical bill will go up.
            Hi Rob,

no question is a stupid question

Heat and AC are both included in your maintainance fee, what is not included is the electricity to operate the heat and AC fan in your unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
              Hi Rob,

no question is a stupid question

Heat and AC are both included in your maintainance fee, what is not included is the electricity to operate the heat and AC fan in your unit.
              Do you get in your building a separate " hydro bill " ? If not, than it's all inclusive. In my building is all included in the maintenance fee.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_919 View Post
                Do you get in your building a separate " hydro bill " ? If not, than it's all inclusive. In my building is all included in the maintenance fee.
                Yup in 39 Oneida Cres. hydro, water, cable are all included.

@ The Vineyards we get a seperate hydro bill yes for things like the Heat/AC fan, lights, fridge/freezer, stove/oven, washer and dryer.

The only things we have that are included are: Heat/AC, and water.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                  Yup in 39 Oneida Cres. hydro, water, cable are all included.

@ The Vineyards we get a seperate hydro bill yes for things like the Heat/AC fan, lights, fridge/freezer, stove/oven, washer and dryer.

The only things we have that are included are: Heat/AC, and water.
                  Did you guys always have separate hydro bill?

I tried to calculate if it would be cheaper if our building would have individual hydro meters, but in the end I don't think that is much cheaper.

You have to pay your hydro bill, than you have to pay a share in the common elements hydro bill.

One thing is good about individual meters, that you know exactly how much KW are you consuming.

Comment

The units and the common areas have the same AC, it was chilly in the hallways because during the night is cooler, and the fans are sucking in the outside air. It will be warmer during the day.
                    I read the notice that the AC is not actually on until the 10, and I believed that the Halls are on the same AC as my condo based on the note above.

I walked out this morning at 7:15, the hall way was freezing again. I decided I would investigate.

So I walked over to the Wall where the air was coming out, and it was freezing cold air. I can only suspect that the AC is on in the common area.

Are you 100 percent sure they are on the same system as the units?

Comment

[QUOTE=harley;942]I read the notice that the AC is not actually on until the 10, and I believed that the Halls are on the same AC as my condo based on the note above.

I walked out this morning at 7:15, the hall way was freezing again. I decided I would investigate.

So I walked over to the Wall where the air was coming out, and it was freezing cold air. I can only suspect that the AC is on in the common area.

Are you 100 percent sure they are on the same system as the units?[/QUOTE]

No, I am not 100% sure. You would have to ask the property manager, but maybe she doesn't know it. The best person would be the AC technician.

I just don't see why the common areas would be on and the units not, usually are other way around.

Comment

Did you guys always have separate hydro bill?
                        Yes, we always had a seperate hydro bill from the start.

Comment

I spoke to Arleen again she said the cold air in the Hall ways is from the outside and nothing to do with the AC unit.

She confirmed they are all on the same AC unit, common and Condos

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X